Yandex Disk - Another Alternative to Google Drive [Cloud Storage]

I've discovered today another cloud storage service. It's called Yandex Disk and, as you can see, it's the Yandex' alternative to Google Drive.
Why am I comparing these two services?
Because they're very similar. Both companies (Google and Yandex) are 2 important search engines and both offer a mail service. And today, as we grow more sophisticated, these 2 giants also offer us a cloud storage service.
What I have to say about Yandex Disk?
It only has 10GB of free capacity compared to 15GB of Google Drive. I think that's not too important for a regular user. I think the most important quality in this kind of service (cloud storage) is the reliability.
You know, you put your important files in there with the purpose of keeping them in case your computer breaks down. OK, it's not the only purpose; I use Google Drive on regular basis to transfer files from and to my smartphone. But, I mean, the cloud storage is often used for securing your important files. So you need reliability!
What can I say about Google Drive's reliability? I think it's highly reliable.
Google has been offering us its services since long time ago. The Google Drive service was launched in 2012 and since then, it's working correctly with no problems.
What can I say about Yandex? It is a very good company that offers services aimed at Russian market. It was also launched in 2012.
I personally have been using Google Drive all this time and had no problems at all. I hope that Yandex Disk turns out to be as good as Google Drive.
Here goes the screenshot of Yandex Drive, BTW:
As you can see, it's very similar to Google Drive.
Now I have been using Yandex Disk for a while and I have to say that Google Drive has a better UI. The Google Drive's user interface just works better. Yandex Disk has to improve its UI because it appears to be a little sluggish. It lacks quality while selecting and moving files. I would say it lacks speed.
Hey, Yandex, I'm talking to you, improve your Yandex Disk's UI. This is a message from Coco Money, the creator and the owner of CocoComo.com and everysax.com.
Just look at Google Drive. Look at that slick and polished UI. That's the way to go. I'm not a Google's fanboy, just I like to recognise the good stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Like Ubuntu Linux

You Want Privacy? Just use the Tor Browser.